Group Guitar 101 Course for Beginners
We promise you'll be playing that song you've always wanted to play by the time you complete our jam-packed eight (8) week course. That's of course if you keep your end of the bargain by practicing what's taught.
Our Group Guitar 101 course is the perfect way to start learning guitar the proper way. Taught by experienced, professional guitar tutors who care about the progress of their students, the lessons are given in a supportive, non-intimidating and enjoyable environment. We keep the class numbers small (max. of 6) so you get the maximum attention from our teachers.
WHO JOINS GUITAR 101?
- Complete beginners who have never touched the guitar
- Guitar enthusiasts who have tried to teach themselves through books, online tutorials or YouTube clips - problem is no one tells you if you're wrong
- You've been shown by friends how to play a chord, riff or part of a song - but with no real technique
- You've come into possession of a guitar and contemplating whether to start playing
- Retirees who are looking for a new hobby or skill
- Adults wanting some stress-relief through music
- Learning guitar is on your bucket-list
Whatever your reason, we cater for all sorts! Affordable and great value for money.
COURSE COST: $289 per person (that's less than $37 per hour lesson)
* BONUS FREE Electronic Guitar Tuner when you register online before 25 September 2017
8 week long hour sessions + materials and use of our guitars during the lesson. Of course you're welcome to bring your own if it needs a good tune.
NEXT INTAKE START DATES FOR 2017
Monday 9 October
Guitars provided on site, lead by experienced and professional teachers, small intimate groups (max. of 6 people per class.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Tuning and knowing about the guitar
- Proper techniques (holding, posture, finger exercises, using a plectrum and technical skills)
- How to read and play chords and chord charts
- Strumming the guitar and playing basic rhythmic strumming patterns
- Reading and understanding basic notes and music theory 101
- How to read and play guitar tableture
- Song playing
- Developing strength in the hands and fingers through scales, warm ups and exercises)
- Playing music in a group and much more
ENROL NOW TO AVOID MISSING OUT
These classes are always very popular and space is limited.
If you can't make the next intake, please let us know by emailing [email protected] and we'll keep you posted with the next one.
Group Guitar 102 Classes for Progressing Adults
So it's time to continue on or pick up where you left off. Enjoy playing new tunes and strengthening your guitar skills with a small group of friendly guitar enthusiasts.
Once you've completed our Guitar 101 course, or if you think you're a little more advanced on the guitar and can play basic guitar chords, get through some riffs or songs without too much pain, then our Group Guitar 102 course will allow you to continue your progress or to just stop feeling rusty!
WHO JOINS GUITAR 102?
- Students who have recently finished a Guitar 101 course
- People who used to play and keen to start again
- Beginner-Intermediate players wanting to learn more songs and techniques
- People wanting to play and learn in a group
- People wanting to save money from private lessons
What you'll be learning:
- More complex rhythms and strumming patterns
- Guitar riffs and licks
- Progressive finger exercises and strength development
- Scales and arpeggios
- Popular guitar tunes and much more
- Learning to read and play more advanced guitar tab music
- Finger picking technique and songs
- And much more!
GENERAL GUITAR 102 CLASSES
If you've completed our 101 classes or already have a basic understanding of how to read and play chords, guitar tabs, move around the guitar and play a couple of tunes, then why not consider joining our Group Guitar 102 classes.Designed for adults who are wanting to find a social group they can progress with, and who want to continually develop their skills on the guitar while learning and playing a variety of songs. Classes are booked in 8-weekly lesson blocks.
COST: $289 per 8-week block and includes all materials.
Guitars provided on site, lead by experienced and professional teachers, small intimate groups (max of 6 people per class).
NEXT TERM START DATES FOR 2017
Tuesday 10 October
Weekly 7:15 - 8:15pm (over 8 weeks)
If you'd like to join one of our Group Guitar 102 classes, please register here and let us know which day/time slot you prefer.
* Please note that Guitar 102 classes will not run if we don't meet minimum numbers.
For more info please email: [email protected] or call 02 8006 0363
Marrickville Studio Location
Mon 9 Oct to Mon 27 Nov
7:15 - 8:15pm
Tues 17 Oct to Tues 3 Dec
7:15 - 8:15pm
Call us on 8006 0363
OR 0408 992 877