Along the way there's instrumental bingo, ping pong soccer, trivia, name that instrument, special guest workshops, masterclasses and many other amazing musical activities and games that's as fun as it is educational!
The program takes place each school holiday and runs for three (3) days with kids aged 8 - 12yrs, and two (2) days for kids aged 5 - 7yrs. Space is always limited to ensure maximum FUN and ATTENTION for each individual student. All teachers have WWC clearance.
- You'll get to play and learn about a variety of musical instruments
- You'll write and perform your own songs in which you'll write the words and music (don't worry, our expert teachers will be helping with this task)
- You'll experience music workshops and lessons (varies each time) e.g percussion workshop, group guitar,drum lessons etc
- You'll join in all sorts of fun musical games and activities
- You'll do some singing (it's ok if you've never tried before)
- You'll be introduced to music technology and discover how music is recorded and produced
- You'll be a roadie for a day and learn about how to set up mics and PA equipment
- You'll have LOTS OF FUN while making new friends and enhancing your musical skills and knowledge!
- If you play a musical instrument, you'll have the opportunity to bring your instruments and jam with other kids of similar levels (this component is optional).
The teachers involved are all professional music instructors who have completed a 'Working with Children Check'. Program participant numbers are capped to ensure your child's safety and to ensure your child gets the most out of their school holiday activities. If a child is disruptive, refuses to heed instructions, they may be removed from the program and all fees will be forfeited. However, teachers will initially discuss this with the parent beforehand.
MORNINGS: Musical Theory Games and activities (these are quite interactive and completely different to everyday theory, plus you'll continually be learning without even noticing it)
MORNING TEA BREAK: 15 minute toilet/drink break
MID MORNING: Varied activities, workshops, instrumental discovery or special guests
LUNCH: 45 minute lunch break - we'll generally go across the road to Enmore Park to burn off some energy and get some fresh air
AFTERNOONS: Playing instruments, singing, rehearsing, ensemble and group music work, some days a group workshop might happen (e.g percussion workshop)
Kids will need to bring their own lunches over the duration of the program, and we'll be providing some light refreshments and water/juice for afternoon tea.
If your child has an allergy or special condition, please let us know at time of enrolment.
Full payment is required before the program week. No partial refunds will be given if you can not attend one of the day due to emergency or illness.
If you can't attend this particular program, don't be disappointed. We'll be running 'Get Your Music On' during every school holiday with slight variations to some of the workshops that will be run. We'll also list the special workshops that you can join for part of the day if you can't attend the entire school holiday program.
* Please note minimum numbers are required for this program to run. If not enough numbers are met, full refunds will be given. At this stage, we have met minimum numbers for the program and will definitely be going ahead for kids aged 8 - 12yrs old.
2017 MUSIC CAMP DATES
2 Day Program for 5 - 7yr olds
Mon 3 - Tues 4 July
Mon 25 - Tues 26 September
COST $195.00 per child
3 Day Program for 8-12yr olds
Mon 3 - Wed 5 July
Mon 25 - Wed 27 September
COST $290 per child
Runs daily 9:00am - 3:00pm
(school opens 8:00am - 5:00pm if you require care)
Our music camps are great value with FREE Before and After Care.
Each music camp we run is unique and different to previous ones. You'll meet new kids and write a new song each time, and you'll be exposed to new workshops or instruments.