* Pictured Left - Glee Adult Cast for 2013
The choice of songs being worked on is broad and varied. Past artists includes Pink Floyd, Take That, Coldplay, Enrique Iglesias, songs from hit musicals, Michael Jackson, jazz classics, pop, ballads, rock and much more. We also take suggestions from our Glee Club adults.
All Age Music's Adult Glee Club started in 2012 and has continually grown to be a great musical community of vocal enthusiasts. During the year we hold special events such as 'Glee Goes Solo Nights' perform at Open Mic and community events, and run an annual End of Year Showcase.
From 2016, the Adult Glee Club is expanding it's concept and launching Glee Clubs across Australia. We have Adult Glee Clubs in Gordon, Melbourne, Bondi Junction and Brisbane. With more to follow. You can officially visit our new dedicated website here for more info - www.adultgleeclub.com.au
GLEE CLUB FOR ADULTS
Every Wednesday at 7:00 - 8:00pm
Male and Females - All Welcome. No experience necessary, just a willingness to sing and try everything.
Plus... we have social drinks on the last Wednesday of the month
(Trial a Glee class anytime and see what we're all about)
Term 2: Wednesday 27 April - Wednesday 1 July
Term 3: Wednesday 22 July - Wednesday 23 September
Term 4: Wednesday 12 October - 14 December
* Note that the last four (4) Wednesdays of Term 4 will be 75 min classes to make up for Wed 7 Oct
Trial / Casual visits $22
OR $170 when you sign up for a 10 week term
WHERE: 2B, 391 Enmore Road, Marrickville
(across from Enmore Park, close to Newtown and city buses)
MUSIC DIRECTOR: Eleni Kokkinos
- No experience necessary, just a good attitude and willingness to sing
- Lots of fun, non-intimidating environment
- Classes run by professional music teachers and vocal ensemble music directors
- Learn proper vocal warm-up techniques, harmony singing, develop pitch and group singing
- Opportunities to perform at our mid year and end of year concerts (not compulsory)
- Popular, modern, contemporary and all time classic songs
- Opportunity to join our end of term performance at a charitable or community organisation/venue (it's a way for us to wrap up the term's songs and to give the gift of music to the community)
* Please note, if you're interested in joining our Glee Club classes and we don't have a time that you can make, please still register your interest by emailing email@example.com so we can keep you posted with other possible times and days.
SPECIAL EVENTS WE PERFORM AT:
- Glee Goes Solo Night (Annual Event for Gleeks wanting to Perform a Solo Number), August period
- End of Year Show (Annual Event in the Second Week of December)
- Nursing Homes, Community Events, Charity Gigs, Open Mic Nights, Street Busking and anything else people would love us to sing at (ad-hoc)
The choice of material and songs are generally chosen and initially prepared by the vocal ensemble director and you'll be learning to sing main melody lines, harmony lines, backing vocal lines and any other vocal arrangement as set forth by the Vocal Director.
The music is either backing track or on piano or another instrument. It's like a choir, but be prepared for new and creative things. We encourage the participants to come up with creative and new ideas too!
Glee Club Videos to Check Out
When joining for the term you'll be entitled to attend any other Glee Club in any other city or state, any time.
Other Adult Glee Clubs
Wednesdays 6:30 - 7:30pm
GORDON (Upper North Shore)
Tuesdays 7:00 - 8:00pm
BONDI JUNCTION (East)
Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:00pm
Starts 25 May, 2016
Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:00pm
Starts 15 July, 2016