All Age Music Terms & Conditions 2018
Cancellations and Make Up Lessons for Private Students
- You must text or call your teacher directly regarding any lesson cancellations at least two days in advance.
- If possible, please let the teacher know the dates the student will be away at the start of term.
- If there is less than two days’ notice for cancellations lesson fees will be forfeited, except in extreme circumstances (e.g. illness or injury requiring hospitalisation, death in the family). Proof must be provided (e.g. medical certificate).
- A maximum of two make up lessons per term will be allowed due to the student’s absence if the teacher has been notified at least two days in advance.
- A maximum of two make up lessons per term will be allowed due to the teacher’s absence. If a teacher is absent for a greater length of time, a substitute teacher will be provided.
- Should the regular teacher be unavailable, we reserve the right to find a substitute teacher for the student.
- Make up lessons must be completed by the following term at the latest.
- If students have missed lessons and make up lessons cannot be arranged with their teacher, they have the option of doing their make up lessons with a substitute teacher.
Paying for Full Term/Year of Lessons for Private Students
- Students must fulfill all lessons charged on the invoice for the term. This is usually ten lessons per term (forty lessons per year).
- Fees for missed lessons in one term cannot be credited to the following term.
- Any issues with an invoice must be discussed before term commences.
- All students are invoiced for the full school term
- If you should ever cease or change the length of lesson time we will only debit the final balance and cancel your direct debit payments.
- If you stop lessons during the term you must still pay for the full term
- A $5 rejection fee will be charged if the debit request is rejected due to lack of funds or incorrect account details
- Group classes must be paid for in full before the first class.
- No refund will be provided for any missed classes.
- Group classes will always go ahead regardless of which students are away.
- Group classes will go ahead if the regular teacher is away as a substitute teacher will be provided.
- To secure a trial lesson, you will need to register and prepay for the lesson online.
Late Payment Penalties
- If you pay for lessons by the term, lesson fees are due by the first week of term.
- If you pay for lessons monthly, lesson fees are due before the start of the second lesson.
- Warning emails will be sent for unpaid lessons which will result in suspension of lessons until payment or payment plan has been accepted.
- Anyone on a payment plan must pay for their lesson block up front.
- To be a student of the school, you are committed to pay for forty weeks of lessons per year. Please notify your teacher as soon as possible the dates you will be away so that we can arrange make up lessons. Otherwise lesson fees are forfeited.
Sharing Private Lessons
- Lessons will cost an extra $15 per lesson if you would like to learn an instrument during your child's lesson. However, this is strongly discouraged because children and adults learn and are taught in a different way, and at a different pace.
Six-week Beginner COURSE
- The six-week beginner course is intended for students who have never played on the instrument they would like to take lessons for.
- This is a block of six weekly 45 minute private lessons.
- The six-week beginner course must be paid for in full before the first lesson.
- Not redeemable for cash. Fully transferable for use with any All Age Music lesson. Please contact email@example.com and book your lessons() in any of our locations.